Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Going to See the President


I am going to leave work at 4pm today to head over to ASU to see my best friend, S, graduate with his master's degree in broadcast journalism. Not only am I really proud of him for getting his master's in only a semester more than it took me to get my bachelor's, I'm really happy I'll get to see President Barack Obama give his commencement speech.

I am not looking forward to the long wait to get through security (the news said it could take up to an hour and half) and then sitting in the Phoenix sun for a few hours before his speech at 7:45pm. It is one of those once in a lifetime things, so I am glad I got a ticket. But with the long lines, heat, and waiting through other boring graduation speeches, Mr. President better bring one damn good speech.

This will be the second Democratic President I've seen in real life. President Clinton being the first, which was awesome being that it was so up close and personal. And that I had to thank S for that also since he's the one who got me in. Back to Restaurant City!

[images via asu.edu]

No comments:

Post a Comment