Monday, May 4, 2009

Busy Weekend

What a weekend! I drove down to Tucson on Friday to go to my sorority's formal which my real sister had planned. Right after, I got to hang out with one of my bffs, N, and met her ex-boyfriend, which was interesting. A bunch of our other friends came out too, so it was pretty fun. And I never drink anymore so it was an added bonus. I went to bed around 5am but woke up at 6:30am and could not fall back asleep. So I called a cab and had him take me back to my car in downtown Tucson.

While on my way back to the house after getting my car, I was driving behind one of those semi's towing a semi. I kept expecting a man to pop up in the driver seat. Maybe it was because I was only half awake or something, but it was really creepy.

Got back to the house and it was only 7:30am. I was so bored. Watched Clueless and the end of She's All That on TV. N wakes up and chats with me for a few minutes but then falls back asleep in the span of 15 minutes I think. I finally fall back asleep around 10:30 am.

Woke up around 2pm. Sad I wasted all morning/afternoon. T and I had 5pm Stomp tickets so I finally dragged myself into the shower. Stomp was really good. I would never be able to do something like that; remember all the numbers, make that kind of music. During the part where they have audience participation, I didn't even want to clap because I always have a hard time keeping beat. I have no rhythm whatsoever. Sad, I know.

After the show we went to get sushi, but after ordering everything, I realized I was not hungry so really I guess we just wasted food instead. We had to go to Home Depot to get new fertilizer for the garden. T said the kind we had was crap. By Home Depot, there is the El Con theater so we decided to drive by just to see if there was a lot of people in line.

I really wanted to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Luckily, there was no line, which was a surprise. And no one sat next to me (I really hate sitting next to strangers in the movie. It makes me uncomfortable). I really liked the movie. The effects were cool. I was totally engaged in the movie the whole time. Ryan Reynolds was so cute, and of course, Hugh Jackman was really hot.

Finally went home, I was pretty tired. Woke up early on Sunday to drive back to Phoenix to help my mom out at the restaurant. It was a strange day. There were a lot of weird people wanting Chinese food apparently. I even had to yell at this kid:

I never yell at people and especially not kids, but something happened with this little boy. He was crying and yelling at his sisters. And then started banging on the table. Everyone was looking around and quite honestly, I was just embarrassed for him and scared he was going to break stuff. So I finally walked up to him and scolded him. Then walked back to my spot so I could take a picture with my phone, passing it off like I was just texting or something. His sisters apologized for him and then they left.

I went home after working and passed out 30 minutes later. It was a short weekend, but overall, it was fun. I'm going back to Tucson this weekend (even though I rather stay in town) because my pledge mom is coming to visit from NY. I can't wait to see her!

4 comments:

  1. you're not gonna follow me???

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you sleep normally now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HIYA! i havent been commenting. ive been reading on my phone and i cant comment on my phone!

    1. tortas look sooo goooood!
    2. i really wanna see xmen too! did u see daniel henney? hot hot hot!
    3. swine flu - really? yer not scared? sure its not deadly?
    4. shoulda taken pic of naked boss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. one day this kid is gonna commit a violent felony and this picture you took of him is gonna show up. and you're gonna be like maritz and tellin everyone "i told you so."

    ReplyDelete