Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mojo Yogurt


I am a big fan of the frozen yogurt craze of 2008 (especially the tart flavor varieties). However, while living in Tucson there were no tart yogurt shops to be found. Whenever I went to north Scottsdale to visit T, I always wanted Ice Tango, the only tart yogurt shop I knew of. But, now T has moved away so Ice Tango is too far and out of the way from where I live in central Phoenix.

Luckily, Mojo Yogurt opened their fourth location at the Biltmore in the beginning of March. S and I went yesterday to try it out and it was pretty busy. Not surprising given the 99 degree weather Phoenix had yesterday. The place charges by the ounce, is self serve, and the toppings are set up as a buffet, which some people like, but for me was a turn off. Also, the cups they use are really big since they do not serve by size which made anxious and felt like I had to get a lot.

We sampled around 5 flavors and I was basically full after that. We decided to share the original tart and the pomegranate tart with strawberries. Then, S wanted peanuts so I threw a few in for him. Overall, the yogurt is pretty good. Not as tart as some places but it wasn't as icy as others either. I need to get the mochi topping next time and maybe try some of their regular flavors. Being a mere 2.2 miles away from my house, I'm sure I will be back soon.

1 comment:

  1. yum! my choice of toppings are mochi, strawberries, and captain crunch. yum!

    ReplyDelete