Monday, January 25, 2010

Gorgonzola and Leek Creme Brulee

While looking for ideas for creme brulee flavors for my family last week, I stumbled upon a Gorgonzola and Leek Creme Brulee recipe on Epicurious.com. We were walking around the store earlier and T suggested I give it a try.

I have never made a savory creme brulee before and was excited to try this one out. I use to always say, "If I could only eat two things for the rest of my life, it would be donuts and cheese (except feta and goat)." I really like gorgonzola, but I was a little nervous that it was going to be too strong for the delicate custard, but it was not at all! The usually strong cheese really mellows out with the cream in the custard. The leek adds good flavor and texture. I've only had one bite so far because the custard has not set completely, but it was a tasty bite.

This is it before I added the parmesan crust. My roommates thought it was a quiche, which I guess it sort of is.

This is after the parmesan crust, which I browned by using my torch. I really do love that thing. Any excuse to use it is a good thing. T said it was one of the best things I've ever made. This is a keeper.

For recipe, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment