Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What's For Lunch? Leftovers...

I was pretty hungry for lunch today because all I had for breakfast was three pieces of pig stomach in a brothy soup, supposedly really good for my health. By noon, I felt like all I had was water. I was really excited for lunch because I had roasted duck.

Then, I remembered that my mom said we were all out of good vegs and only had carrots left. I requested them raw because I HATE steamed carrots. They are too sweet and mushy. She steamed them anyway. It was not good. The only time I like cooked carrots are if they have been stewed with a big hunk of meat or thinly sliced in a stir fry.

I ate the carrots first so I could save the best (best being the duck and rice) for last. To my surprise, it was a tease! Under the duck, there was braised pork belly! Granted I like pork belly, but I realized today that I get whatever is the last of anything that is left from their lunches or dinners. Which explains why I only had two pieces of duck and two pieces of pork belly. And of course, the last of any vegetable in our crisper, too sweet carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment