Monday, June 8, 2009

Carnival Elation


So I'm back! T and I left for San Diego last Sunday to jump onto the Carnival Elation ship to cruise to the Catalina Islands. We were suppose to make a stop in Ensenada, Mexico, but due to the swine flu, the port was closed.

The cruise was fun. It was nice just relaxing on the decks and not have to worry about where to go or what to do since options were limited. The ship (pictured above) was really big. The food however, was terrible. I know most people say when they go on cruises they eat so much and they eat all the time. This was not the case for us. We ate two meals a day, and only so we could sustain ourselves.

Every night after dinner, we would grab a drink and play the life sized chessboard. And for four nights in a row, I would get mad at T for not letting me win. Every night also, we would have lots to drink. I'm not much of a drinker, but I definitely had my far share on the ship. It was fun though because I didn't have to worry about getting a ride home or walking too far.

So even though the cruise food was not good, I would love to go on a cruise again! I would like to go with more people though so we could party/relax all together. I was getting cabin fever by the last day because we had two full days at sea and I was getting a little bored. Next stop, San Diego!

No comments:

Post a Comment