Thursday, March 26, 2009

Scottsdale in NY Times


The Travel section of the NY Times did a pretty interesting article of the so called new Scottsdale. As a Phoenix native, I have seen Scottsdale and Phoenix flourish into this pretty big city. I remember back in the day when Scottsdale was nothing more than an empty fake cowboy town that we would only cross city lines if we wanted to go to Fashion Square mall.

Now, its a full bustling city with farmer markets, restaurants, high end shops, spas, live music, festivities and well, culture. I think the biggest change would be the night life. It is full of over priced drinks, scantily clad women, and over groomed men. Oh, and celebrity sightings can be had at any of the clubs or new hotels too.

I must say though, I am really happy with the new Scottsdale. There are plenty of bars and clubs to go to in Old Town, delicious and I hate to say it, trendy restaurants to dine at, and relatively good looking men and women to people watch. It does make me a bit self conscious being around all these beautiful people at such fancy bars. If T is in town, we usually venture to Old Town with our friends at least one night of the weekend. We may spend quite a few bucks, but it's always a party.

[image via 480area.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment