Friday, March 27, 2009

Fan: Nobu Matsuhisa



I am a fan of many chefs for different reasons, and often it is not just their food. I became a fan of Nobu Matsuhisa initially because of his celebrity following. Everyone wanted to eat at Nobu and those who did raved about it. Even my friend J says its one the best sushi she's ever had.

After reading this recent article in CNNMoney.com, I have so much more respect for him. Chef Matsuhisa knew he wanted to be a sushi chef and always followed that path. He faced such trial and tribulations to get to where he is now. I like that throughout the interview, he always went back to how he cares more about the food and his customers than how much money he was making. That is something to be admired.

[image via CNNMoney.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment