Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Changes


I have not been blogging as much lately because I have been so busy with recent changes in my life. Last Saturday, I moved back to Tucson. I went back to my old employer and started a new position yesterday as the Department's Senior Accountant. It wasn't that I was not happy at my previous job, but the Department has always treated me so well and made me feel very accomplished. So when E offered me my old office, a new title, a bigger salary, and a chance to go to grad school (I want to get my MPA) a few weeks ago, I could not turn it down.

As you can see from the picture above, the Department has been very welcoming to my return. Faculty, staff, and students have been stopping by my temporary office (I don't move back into my office until Thursday) and telling me how happy and glad they are to have me back. Nothing makes me feel better than a pat on the back and I love feeling appreciated. Even though it is only my second day, I am already swamped with work, but I am really enjoying it.

A bonus to my move is that T and I now live together. Even though it has only been a few days, it has been wonderful. He makes me coffee and breakfast everyday before I leave for work and cooks me the most delicious homemade dinners every night (pork chops, champagne risotto, babyback ribs so far).

We watched Food, Inc. this weekend and it definitely makes you think twice about how your food is being produced. I have always been conscious of healthy eating, food safety, and keeping it local, but I am even more aware now. I really want to make a difference for our society (hopefully I can do something on a grander scale after my public admin degree). Some things just make me sick and sad. If the movie is playing in your town, I suggest you go check it out.

That's it for now. Just wanted to let you all know I'm very content with where I am in life. I will be back in Phoenix often to help my mother out at their restaurant on the weekends, but for now, I'm changing from a Phoenician to a Tucsonian.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh so you liked Food, Inc.? I heard an interview w/ the filmmakers on NPR (freshair, I think?) and I've been wanting to see it! Congrats on your new [old] job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are happier where you at and get homemade breakfast, lunch and dinner. I love waking up to coffee already made!

    ReplyDelete