Monday, November 30, 2009

New Baby


We adopted a new baby girl this weekend! T and I have been talking about getting a second dog in the past few months, but we were not actively looking except checking Craigslist every once in awhile when I was bored. We had no plans on Saturday and since Pima Animal Control Center is only a few miles from my house and we decided to take a look. I didn't have big hopes of taking a furry friend home, but I was hoping to see some lab babies.

PACC was having a discount so all dogs were only $25 to adopt with the neutering/spaying! No such luck on lab babies, but there were a litter of chow babies. We got a baby girl and named her Soba (I really love Japanese names for dogs).

She's getting along beautifully in our new home and crate training pretty well. Obie is learning to play with his baby sister. She's 4.5 lbs currently to Obie's 13 lbs, but she'll grow fast. Her paws are tiny for her size, so I'm thinking she'll be on the smaller side of a chow, maybe 45-50 lbs.

2 comments:

  1. Omg she is such a cutie! Soba like the noodles? I love soba noodles...it's my go to dinner on nights when I am lazy and we do not want to eat out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Soba like noodles! I wanted to name my next dog Taeko, but that's for a boy so I settled on Soba.

    ReplyDelete