Monday, February 15, 2010

Light Box

I finally made my light box! I have been talking about making one forever so I finally got around to it a few weekends ago. I googled "how to make my own light box" and followed the DIY instructions from the site Digital Photography School. You can find the directions by clicking here.

I went to Joann's Fabric and picked up four yards of the cheapest white fabric I could find and a .59 poster board from Walgreens. I took a large UHaul box I had laying around in the garage and carefully drew out even rectangles on four sides. The most tedious task was cutting out the holes, but other than that, I think it only took about an hour to get the whole thing put together.
The poster board was actually shorter than the size of my box, but I figured I only needed the bottom half to be covered, it should not matter too much.
I wanted to take a photo of something right after I got it up, but since I had not made anything, I thought these tomatoes will do. This only had one small lamp on it. The coloring is yellow and not pure white at all. Not good at all.
This has two small lamps on it, but it still does not look too good. I think I am going to buy a bigger and brighter lamp and continue to play around with it some more. Overall, I am really happy with it and excited to take some nicer food photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment