Friday, September 11, 2009

Yanko Design

Yanko Design is a really cool site that shows modern designs, a lot of them are international. They take something classic and turn it into some totally cutting edge and interesting. They have things from kitchen products, medical use, furniture, etc.

I found their site about six months ago for the first time when I read about the Muji Spice Taste-Leaf book. A book with pages that are embedded with different spices. I thought it was a cool concept. Here are some images:


Today I saw the One-Hand Kitchen Equipment made specifically for fractured, permanently disabled, and paralyzed people in mind. The designer, Gabriele Meldaikyte, really thought about cooking processes for each item and I love that! Although it's not really available in stores, I think the idea behind it is really noble. Here are some images (but check them all out here):


If you got a few minutes to waste, I reccomend checking the site out. There are some really interesting and innovative things on there (not just food or kitchen related--although those happen to be my favorite).

No comments:

Post a Comment