Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Total Solar Eclipse in Asia


There is suppose to be a total solar eclipse that will for 6 minutes and 39 seconds at its maximum point tomorrow. That is the longest lasting solar eclipse in this century.

The eclipse will first start in the Gulf of Khambhat just north of Mumba. It will travel across India, China, the Pacific, and then some southern Japanese islands. Elsewhere, a partial eclipse will be visible across much of Asia.

I wish I was in China now. I've always wanted to see one! My dad is so I'm going to see if I can call him to take pictures. I also wish it was like Heroes where we can get special powers when it happens.

[image via BBC News]

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I heard there's supposed to be a lot of superstition surrounding this eclipse...

    ReplyDelete