Monday, April 18, 2011

Just Another Sunday

Everything is fabulous these days. I've been really happy and satisfied with 2011 so far. I just can't believe it is almost the end of April already!

J and N visited for the weekend. It was great and fun to catch up, not to mention all the laughing (even if it is at my expense...). I ended the relaxing weekend with baking all Sunday afternoon and having my usual Sunday night dinner at R&C's.

Blueberry Mochi Cake before going in the oven.

Result: Delicious. I love the texture of mochi and this was not too sweet. For the recipe, click here.

Chai-Spiced Crumb Coffee Cake. The crumb is my favorite part of coffee cake. I had about 3/4 of cup of crumb left. I should have sprinkled more in between the layers of the batter.

Because I did not think the chai spices were dominate enough. The cake was slightly dry for my taste as well. R said it was really good and he would pay money for it though. :) For recipe, click here.

Broken Glass Jello. Really easy to make. Super colorful.

And easy to share. The only hard part is waiting for the jello to set. I do not have much patience so waiting overnight for the final product was very difficult, but the results were well worth it. I don't normally like jello, but these were so fun and summery. For recipe, click here.

And I made mushroom and leek risotto for the Sunday dinner but I left in a hurry and forgot to take a photo. It was tasty though, just so you know. Happy Baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment